The House has just concluded the debate of amendments to the Governor’s budget and passed the House version that will now go to a conference committee. However, this was not without disagreement over spending, taxes, and other policies.
- Tax increases and ends the Taxpayer Relief Fund
- Governor Northam’s proposal to raise the gas tax by 12 cents is included in this version
- Governor’s plan to raise tobacco and nicotine taxes is included in this version
- The budget repeals the work requirement for Medicaid
- The budget incorporates new spending due to the House’s vote to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour over the next 5 years